Key Responsibilities TECH STACK: Java, C#, .Net, Agile, JUnit testing, WebDriver, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, LoadRunner, UFT, SoapUI, JMeter, REST API, Angular.
EFFECTIVE TEST AUTOMATION
• Actively participate in the development environment as test automation developer.
• Consultation with PO, BA, QA analysts, and developers to determine the roadmap of automation (including features need to be automated and by when).
• Assist the Dev and QA teams in creating these automated tests.
• Build functional and non-functional tests by means of tools and/or test frameworks
• Understand that test automation and testing are different concept so you can perform manual tests on features that can't be automated.
• Report the test results to team/management
• Actively and accurately create automated tests, handover their execution to the QA team members within software releases to ensure a quality product
• Plan and oversee/participate in development, execution, and maintenance of automation framework, test plans and automation scripts
• Document Automated Test Plans and maintain automation data sets with the Product Owners and tech teams.
• You are an experienced Automation developer / Automation Engineer
• Experience coding and parameterising Parallel execution of automated scripts.
• You have exposure to a majority of the following test automation tools e.g. JUnit testing, WebDriver, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, LoadRunner, UFT, SoapUI, JMeter
• Understanding of programming in Java / C# / .NET
• Desirable: Experience with graph databases (e.g.: NEO4J).
• Ability to write automation projects where the execution will occur from one single source (for example by a command line or executing a .bat file or automatically triggered from VSTS).
• Be familiar with CI/CD tools: Jobs, Schedulers, Pipeline, Parameters, Dependencies, Plugins, Reports, GIT, Docker.
• Automation related to the DevOps role, Full Stack Test Automation skills
• Experienced in investigating automated scripts errors, refactoring scripts to remove hardcoding and duplicate code and build Data Driven automated scripts.
• Understanding of tracking & releasing tools: VSTS, Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, Phabricator
• You have performed Automation Testing of each Build and then Regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver
• Experience in Agile/Scrum environments and cross-functional teams
• Provided automated functional test service for the QA team and DevOps team to ensure quality throughout the application development process.
• Become subject matter expert on Achilles platform capability
• Provide input and expertise to contribute to continuous improvement of the SDLC Process and testing strategy
• Provide support, guidance and best practice to IT and business stakeholders, promoting Agile principles and values in support of high performant scrum teams
• Contribute to the management and development of business controls and processes
• As a test automation developer, you have an eye for detail and the desire to learn and share your knowledge with the QA team.
• Taking personal responsibility for skills development, particularly to enhance application support capabilities
• Actively participating in the performance management process, and taking responsibility for delivering agreed objectives
Person Specification DRIVING QUALITY
• Takes personal pride in delivering Automated suites of the highest standards
• Sets targets for quality and completeness of work that go beyond the minimum required
• Develops robust processes for automation coding and testing.
• Identifies and evaluates the range of options open to them
• Articulates the assumptions made and the risks involved in decisions taken
• Analyses information carefully to identify facts, patterns, trends and missing data that may impact on a decision
• Communicates decisions clearly to those who are affected
• Focuses on performance outcomes despite uncertain or difficult circumstances
• Actively links own efforts to those of others within the team to avoid overlap, rework or delays
• Spots opportunities to deliver beyond expectations, where this would help others perform more effectively
• Sets own targets and objectives with clear reference to how these contribute to the departmental business plan
• Responds constructively and quickly to shifting goalposts or changing requirements
• Copes effectively with rapid change or increased demands
• Reprioritises own work or the work of the team in response to external pressures
• Is flexible in their approach; adapts their working style to suit the needs of the situation
DRIVE & MOTIVATION
• Addresses multiple demands without losing focus or energy
• Increases efforts in the face of difficulties or obstacles and recovers quickly after setbacks
• Remains calm and focused during stressful or challenging situations; concentrates only on things they can control or influence
• Encourages others during challenging times with their positive, can-do attitude
• Experience in developing automated suites for data driven web applications.
• Practical experience of quality management techniques and methods applied in a fast-paced agile software development environment.
• Common web application testing methodology.
• Knowledge of CRM a plus.
• Previous experience in a QA and testing role
• A successful track record of effective quality assurance and software testing
• Experience of building Automation frameworks for web based software
• Extensive experience of Selenium with Jenkins integration. (Exposure to TestComplete and node.js is a plus)
• SQL, Neo4js, Couchbase knowledge.